[vdr] Re: CI Support layer

Hi,

Quoting Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc (Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc):

> as some allready detected, there seems to be a CA/CI support under heavy
> development by the metzler bros.

> @Klaus ... will there be support for a cam menue in vdr 1.0.0 .. or maybe
> an automatic cam-reset after an replay session (it looks like there is a
> function for that available now in the driver .. still experimental ...)

> Did anyone try to use the new functions ??? afaik there was a project with
> another driver (with original firmware) and a ncurrs programm to simulate
> a cam menue .. could this be working with the new functions ????

Just to clarify: We're working in this area and we have an internal release
with the needed functionality in the driver.  Due to some legal issues we
are not able to make a release to the public now. I even do not know if we
will be able to do so in the future. As a company we are always a potential
target for legal contentions and have to act very carefully.

If convergence will exist in the near future, we'll try to make a final
examination of what is possible or not and make an announcement.

Hope this information helps for now.

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom, Project Manager Middleware       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index