[vdr] Re: j2 connector (s-video output)

Andreas Gebel wrote:

>Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2002 22:09 schrieben Sie:
>
>>hmm, that didn't change. I've connected the 'normal' composite output
>>with the tv and left vidmode=2. I can see picture over it! the driver
>>doesn't take care of the vidmode option?!
>>maybe I should post that in the dvb mailing list...
>>
>This is OK
>vidmode=2 means CVBS_YC_OUT
>CVBS signal is on 'normal' composite output
>Y signal is on "green"
>C signal is on "red"
>
>using vidmode=3 (YC_OUT)
>Y signal is on "'normal' composite"
>C signal is on "red"
>this is standard for SCART connectors. CVBS_YC_OUT needs a special assignment
>of the SCART cable.
>
>mfG.
>
>Andreas

I thought vidmode=2 is for s-video (some call it s-vhs).

on lindy.cc you can read:

vidmode=0,1,2,3
0=NO_OUT
1=CVBS_RGB_OUT Composite on Composite-Out, RGB on RGB-out (default)
2=CVBS_YC_OUT Composite on Composite-Out, C on RED-out, Y on GREEN-out
3=YC_OUT Y on Composite-out, C on RED-out

and here
http://www.lindy.cc/local/LinuxDVB.nsf/e95ed8396fac68cfc1256a010064762b/f50a46f693a7e5b6c1256a0300654f91?OpenDocument
you can read that the s-video connector uses mode 2.
or am I completely wrong?

tobi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index