[vdr] Re: VDR connected to projector

Uwe Ortner wrote:

> actually you should use DVI or VGA on a beamer/projector
> S-VHS/RGB doesn't have full frame support.
>
> You can also think on this solution:
> S-VHS --> Scaler/LineDoubler --> VGA --> Beamer
>
> 2 days ago a received an IscanPro (LineDoubler), the result is
> incredible :-))   pictures are more clear, more sharp etc.
>
> If possible to measure this improvement in percent I would say 200%
> better(!), direct compared VGA input to S-VHS input (on a Cinema One)

The main problem with external Scaler is you have to do A/D - D/A
conversion then A/D inside the projector, you add noise to video signal
and loose some definition.
If possible it would be better to do deinterlacing in digital domain
before D/A conversion or after conversion inside the projector.

But Uwe you are right Iscan is a very good product (but too expensive in
Europe).

Patrick.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index