[vdr] Re: problems with Shrek DVD

ug@teuto.de wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2002 14:45 you wrote the following :
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>    Hi,
>

>>Just to let you know, the problems that some people reported, with the
>>Shrek DVD are apparently not VDR specific.
>>

> Has it something to do with the "strange" Multi-Angle Feature ? My old
> Toshiba 2107U DVD Player recognizes a mutliangle DVD but if I choose
> "another" angle, nothing happens visibly ...

no, the problem is that libdvdcss failes to retrieve one of the title
keys (chapter 8). I have been using exactly the same version of
libdvdcss and libdvdread that others reported to work for them. My best
guess is, that it has something to do with my drive (Pioneer DVD-ROM
ATAPIModel DVD-106S 010)

I've found (patched together) a better solution. I'm using libdvdread
and libdvdcss from the videolan cvs with keys from libcss.

That opens the Shrek DVD in no time.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index