[vdr] Re: Maxtor 160 GB

Christoph Roell wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 3. März 2002 11:10 schrieben Sie:

[...]

>>I think now it´s for shure that I need a newer kernel or a patch when I
>>whant to use full Capacity.
>>Unfortunatly I´m nearly a Linux Newbee. I´ve never build a kernel by myself
>>and I never patched a kernel. So I need some help or I have to wait for a
>>SuSe-Update or new Version.
>>

> SuSE provides a 2.4.16 Kernel in update section on the ftp sites.

Just checked it, and i doubt that it will work. It definetly hasn't got
the lba48 patch. A quick check shows that it is also not included in
2.4.19pre2. There is a patch from Andre Hendrik for 2.4.18 that includes
it, also the latest aa kernel include it as well.

So, you have 2 choices, get
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/linux-2.4.18.bz2,
and either:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/ide-2.4.18/ide.2.4.18-rc1.02152002.patch.bz2