[vdr] Re: vdr-1.0.0pre5 DVD addon v7 available + LiveAC3

Gerald Raaf wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> i use play-ac3 from emu10k1 (driver from sourceforge) utils directory as

ok, there we have the source of some of your problems. play-ac3 always
expects *full* frames as input. I will *not* resyncronize in case of
brocken AC3 frames. Incomplete frames can happen when using any of the skip
modes.
There has been patch on the VDR maillinglist for play-ac3 to fix that a
couple month ago (if i remember correctly).

For DVD's you should use the DVB SPDIF passthrough anyway, as it is able to
  also pass DTS along.

Andreas

> decoder, with alsa-09beta?? i never got DD sound working. But the i must say
> that i didnt use alsa-0.9beta12.
>
> i will test beta12
>
> Gerald

Home | Main Index | Thread Index