[vdr] Re: 18 Minutes - what does that tell?

vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org wrote on 03.04.2002 17:05:45:

[ lines removed ]

> That's what I do with my --record script that I pass to vdr as a
> parameter. Works fine.

> #!/bin/sh
> case "$1" in
>     before)
>            echo "Before recording $2"
>            /etc/init.d/noflushd stop
>            ;;
>     after)
>            echo "After recording $2"
>            /etc/init.d/noflushd start
>            ;;
>     edited)
>            echo "Edited recording $2"
>            ;;
>     *)
>            echo "ERROR: unknown state: $1"
>            ;;
>     esac

Hi,

sounds good to me.
However I see a problem when recordings/timers
are overlapping. Assume timer1 starting at t0 ending at t2
and timer2 starting at t1 ending at t3 (t0<t1<t2<t3).
If timer1 finishes at t2 noflushd will be started while
timer2 is still recording (since t1 < t2).
This could lead to the problem I already described.
Did you observe this?
However the script could open an SVDRP connection and
issue a 'NEXT rel' to obtain the next timer event.
If the value returned is less than
zero a recording is currently in progress.
In this case noflushd shouldn't be started.
What do you think? Would be simple but effective change.

Regards
  Richard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index