[vdr] Re: [NVRAM] [Announce] nvram-wakeup-0.04a

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Alessio Sangalli (AS) wrote:

AS> Sergei Haller wrote:
AS>  > high!
AS>  >
AS>  > I just released the new version 0.04a of the NVRAM WakeUp project.
AS>
AS>
AS> it would be SO cool to have it into vdr.
AS>
AS> I really hope the plugin interface will be powerful enough, to allow all
AS> this kind of extensions!

You can use nvram-wakeup without need to patch vdr.

1. Configure and build nvram-wakeup according to your mainboard (see
   README for more details)

2. make install
   or copy the binary nvram-wakeup and the script VDR/vdrshutdown to
   /usr/local/bin or a similar location

3. when you call vdr, specify the -s parameter in the following way:
   vdr -s /usr/local/bin/vdrshutdown
   or wherever you copied the file to.

c ya
        Sergei