[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: hardware

Hi,

On Thursday 04 April 2002 11:29, Thomas Valentin wrote:
> my dvd drive is dma enabled (hdparm -d1 /dev/hdd)
>
> some dvds work perfectly some work in the beginning and after 1 minute the
> playback is bucking ...
>
> i thought that those dvds that work are not encrypted (vdr is about < 20 %)
> and the others are encrypted
> and decss library eats up all the cpu (vdr is 99%)....

That is really not enough information to determin whats going on. As a starter
you should make sure all involved software components are fairly recent.
I would recommend to get the dvdinstall.tar.gz that was posted to the ML. This
contains a libdvdcss version that should definetly work.
The load you see, could be decss trying to crack a specific track key. There
are dvd's where this just doesn't work with some versions of the lib.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index