[vdr] Re: AW: Re: hardware

Thomas Mohr wrote:

> It seems Duron is more powerful at same clock speed, but is producing
> more heat.

it's really not a surprise! a duron should be also better than a pIII at
the same clock speed and surely a lot better than a pIV always at the
same clock. For the heat, you should also consider it at the same
performance, ie a duron 700 vs a 1.1GHz celeron or whatever. With a good
tcase a duron 700 should be able to run with a (big) passive only thing
(I don't remember the english name for the metal thing under the fan)

> Currently it seems not to be possible to use offline conversion with
> mplayer.

why, if you convert your divx in a mpeg2 file...???

bye
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index