[vdr] VDR box using only Budget Card

I'm thinking of building a VDR box for my father.  I will initially only
be able to equip it with a single budget card.  Is it possible to use
VDR with a single budget DVB-t card?  Would it be possible to output the
video and OSD using the TV out of a graphics card and output the audio
using a sound card?  What sort of processing power would be required for
decoding the MPEG2 data in software?

The ideal would be to have a VDR system that can record or play back a
single channel at a time using a budget card, with the video and OSD
being outputted on a graphics card's TV out.

Does KVDR only output the graphics on the desktop or can it make use of
a TV out?

Thanks,

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index