[vdr] AW: Re: Feature suggestion

Hello Marcus,

> I think the only useful 'PIP'-support will be the possibility
> to use two DVB-S and a PIP-capable TV-Set (as mentioned by
> Jens Groth on 30.3.)
As I now own my new TV, which is of course capable of doing
PiP with two external sources, this would be a very nice feature.

So this steps should be needed:
- Execute a command on the primary card to "copy" the current
  channel to the secondary card.
- Switch on the PiP support on the TV
- Zapp through the channels on the primary card.
- Execute a command on the primary card to "restore" the original
  channel.
- Switch off the PiP support on the TV

An other idea might be to run two independend vdr on the same machine.
This was allready mentioned in an earlier posting. So on a system with
two cards you would have two primary cards just like you have two
independed vdr's. As I am not such a linux crack I do not know if
this is allready possible with the current DVB driver, LIRC and vdr.

CU

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index