[vdr] Re: Feature suggestion

Am 05.04.2002 19:28:59, schrieb Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de>:

>> rescaling of one stream, mixing and finally encoding in MPEG2, which needs
>> MUCH more CPU-power than the MPEG1-encoding from the divx-stuff.
>
>Why would it have to be encoded to MPEG-2 rather than MPEG-1?

Quality? Since the original MPEG2-streams have often enough compression-
artefacts... re-encoding in MPEG1 will give an even worse picture.

I think the only useful 'PIP'-support will be the possibility to use two DVB-S and a
PIP-capable TV-Set (as mentioned by Jens Groth on 30.3.)

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index