[vdr] Re: Should Master-Timer use a Database?

> > The only point of a database is that it makes many jobs in Master-Timer
> > easier. And would make the program much simpler (and smaller) than it is
> > now.
>
> there might also be another point:
> a database also eases the use of multible vdr boxes.
> i.e one could add an field to define witch box is set to record a film
> (on witch card).

Multiple VDR-instances are long supported. What card is used for
recording is a thing Master-Timer can't influence because VDR decides
that. (OK. Master-Timer can/could "manipulate" what VDR thinks with
inserting some dummy-timers. (I did that in the past, but currently i
have nothing to record that needes such manipluation.))

> one could go even further:
> you would be able to edit all timers form every vdr while the "recording
> processes" only see those selected for this special vdr...

What you have in mind is a DB-Backend for VDR not for Master-Timer. Or
in other words. You are talking about the job that "vdradmin" does.

Bis denn