[vdr] Re: How to delete recordings?

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  06.04.02 09:16

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>On 05 Apr 2002 21:21:00 +0200, Usenet-372204@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
>Zocholl) wrote:

>> Going back: Still only 20 minutes left.
>> Why?

>It delays deleting. This saved me several times. ;-)

Because i already had 2 question, i did not want to
ask:
"How to undelete recordings?" ;-)

But Klaus already answered that unasked question ;-)

>> Some time later, just falling to sleep, the box makes a
>> loud(er) noise. Uuup, what's going on?
>> Now it was just deleting the files ;-)

>If VDR records and there is not enough space it will delete the files
>marked for deleting anyway.
>So there is really no win on an immediate delete.

The win is: I see that i don't have to delete too much recordings,
and see, before going to bed, that there will be -of sure-
enough space. I too have more "interactivity", feedback from the
system.

And: It 's avoiding too much noise in the wrong moment ;-)

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index