[vdr] Re: LNB-sharing patch updated (was: Re: Patch: Multiple DVB-s cards sharing one LNB)

Hi Lutz, you wrote:

>I appreciate your patch and would be glad if I could use it, but
>unfortunately the video and audio glitches and hangs when I connect
>the loop-through-cable to the two full-featured dvb-s cards.
>The glitching is not related to the patch, I tried vdr-1.0.0 without
>patch and with loop-through the glitching remains.
>
>Does anyone using the loop-through had any problems of this kind and/or
>hints for me?
>

>--
>Best regards,
> Lutz                            mailto:lfeldgen@gmx.net

Yes, I got the same effect here if i connect the loopthrough output of a
Rev.1.3 card with the input of a Rev.2.1 (WinTV nexus s) card. The ARM of
the 2.1 crashes almost immediately, and the 1.3 stays alive, but produce
those (heavy) glitches.  I tested this with vdr1.0.0pre3, but I think it's a
hardware problem related to the different receivers used on that cards.
(missaligned impedances or something...)

I ended up not using the loopthrough, my single LNB-line connected to the
secondary card only, and using the small (but effective) patch from Klaus
introduced in the "help adding another card" thread. This configuration
works perfect for me.

Bye,
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index