[vdr] Re: LNB-sharing patch updated (was: Re: Patch: Multiple DVB-s cards sharing one LNB)

Hello Christian,

C> Hi Lutz, you wrote:

>>I appreciate your patch and would be glad if I could use it, but
>>unfortunately the video and audio glitches and hangs when I connect
>>the loop-through-cable to the two full-featured dvb-s cards.
>>The glitching is not related to the patch, I tried vdr-1.0.0 without
>>patch and with loop-through the glitching remains.
>>
>>Does anyone using the loop-through had any problems of this kind and/or
>>hints for me?

C> Yes, I got the same effect here if i connect the loopthrough output of a
C> Rev.1.3 card with the input of a Rev.2.1 (WinTV nexus s) card. The ARM of
C> the 2.1 crashes almost immediately, and the 1.3 stays alive, but produce
C> those (heavy) glitches.  I tested this with vdr1.0.0pre3, but I think it's a
C> hardware problem related to the different receivers used on that cards.
C> (missaligned impedances or something...)

Hmm, I got two Revision 1.3 Boards...Markus Winkler too and he
reported me to have had such problems too, but someday they where gone
with no idea why.

C> I ended up not using the loopthrough, my single LNB-line connected to the
C> secondary card only, and using the small (but effective) patch from Klaus
C> introduced in the "help adding another card" thread. This configuration
C> works perfect for me.

I currently use the "not loopthrough" with just setting the
ca-parameters in channels-conf to the dvb-card which is connected to
the LNB, this works fine too...

There must be a solution...I also tried another firmware, the same
configuration of driver and vdr from Markus, but no chance at all ;(
--
Best regards,
 Lutz                            mailto:lfeldgen@gmx.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index