[vdr] Problem with vdr-1.0.0-final DVD addon v8 available + LiveAC3

hi,

i have problems with liveac3 (at least i think so).
i use vdr1.0.0 with aio-0704, a52dec 0.7.3.

when i switch to pro7, everythink works, i hear dd-sound, can switch
back
and forth, the liveac3-thread starts and stops accordingly.
when i switch to other dd-programs i get the following:
i see no liveac3-thread, it runs for some seconds then vdr segfaults.

the stream has ger/eng and dd tracks. when i start vdr without
-a ... everything works.
playing back a recording on such a channel works perfectly (with -a).
without -a i see "no accelerated IMDCT": why is the integrated a52
library and downsampler started?

any ideas?

my personal idea: why not use the compiled-in a52 functions for all
dd playback?
we could specify a device and a mode to playback all dd-data:
- dvb-s or soundcard
- downsampled to stereo/surround/4speaker ... whatever is supported or
  digital out via ac3overspdif or soundcard
- maybe useful combinations of this: downsampled to dvbs, raw to
soundcard
  etc.
- we also could control the audio/video syncronicity much better.

this could also reduce complexity in the various methods of extracting,
inserting, downsampling and output methods.

how many methods are there to switch a soundcard to spdif out?
do we really need multiple tools (via commandline)?

any comments?

tia,

--
  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0

Home | Main Index | Thread Index