[vdr] Re: VDR vs Cable

I don't know which standards your cable provider and your tv-stations
use, but if they follow DVB-standards, there is also a DVB-C from
Siemens working with the Convergence-driver and VDR (it's the port of
the DVB-S to cable with an optional analogue receiver part, but the
analogue part is not supported by the convergence driver and VDR).

Rene

Martin Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just saw on Slashdot the result of Klaus.Schmidinger's hard work.
>
> I was reading that a hardware solution made it possible to receive
> digital sattelite feeds.
>
> I was wondering... Here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, our local cable
> provider, Videotron, uses Scientific Atlanta's Explorer 2000 and 3100 to
> receive digital TV via cable.
>
> Could VDR's solution work with digital cable?
>
> Thanks!
> Martin Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index