[vdr] Re: premiere news (audiovision 05/2002)

Am 11.04.2002 21:34:00, schrieb Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de>:

>> An update of the irdeto-CI-module would be neccessary to im-
>> plement this method. But would it be available? 4.7SE?
>
>AFAIK, the 4.7SE CAMs can be updated by www.mascom.de .

Of course they can be updated. The question is, if they will work afterwards.
I remember a posting in the dvbforum from someone who had bought a new
ALLCAM with the 4.8SE-software. That one did NOT work with the
linuxtv-driver...

>I think we have to see whether vdr can be used for PW recording in the
>future. But in the current situation where PW is very tight on budget I
>doubt that the new encryption will be introduced in time.

Let's hope you are right.

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index