[vdr] VDR and UPC Telekabel

Hello list,
regarding to the latest information from the product manager
of UPC Telekabel digital here in vienna, it ist definitely
not possible to use it together with a DVB-c card and
therefore not with VDR.
The channels (even the "free to air") are coded with
"mediacipher".
The STB has no digital, but analog, outputs.
It is even not possible to use it together with an "normal"
analog VCR, because only the selected channel is available
on the output!
There is also no CA-Modul supported.

Does anyone know, whether it is legal to decrypt such a
system by software (of course I will still pay my provider
for the service)?
Does anyone know, where I can find a newsgroup where such
things are discussed?

Thanks in advance
Gerhard
Das ist ein Service von austria.com