[vdr] Re: Bug vdr-1.0.0pre5?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> The VFAT switch is there to make VDR work in environments where "crippled"
> OSes like Windoze are used. And that's as far as it goes.

Excellent. I totally agree. Honestly, no irony.
Klaus, your time is much too valuable to spend it with
windows up- and downward compatibility. I'd rather see
you implement something useful for Linux during the
same time.

I also suspect that using VFAT partitions might keep
people from looking for Linux solutions that solve the
problem they are trying to solve by letting vdr write
video data to a VFAT partition, booting windows afterwards
and process these data under windows. I do not believe
that the goal of the VDR project is to encourage that.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index