[vdr] AW: Re: Will these work for linux?

Hallo Stan,

>The CI-Interface don't actually use the PCI slot they
>take up, right?  They are a PCI card but no
>connectors, it's just a convenient place to put it in
>your pc I hope, because I'm going to use a mini-atx
>board and I'm kinda crunched on PCI slots, so I can
>right up the CI-Interface just inside my case
>somewhere I hope.

correct. There does exist a version to be mounted in a 3,5" floppy-slot, so
the CAM's can be reached at the front of the case. Afaik the respective
producer/shop (http://www.dvb-shop.de ?) stopped selling it, but it does
appear here and then at http://www.ebay.de

Greetings,
Andreas