[vdr] Re: Will these work for linux?

Here are the two gotcha's:

DISH uses a proprietary version of Nagravision, not
generic...

Every DISH box made has an internal serial number in
firmware that is keyed with the card assigned to you.  So
to do this you need to use the registered DISH card in
your CAM ( no one has ever even tried this much of the
process to my knowledge ) and the support code for the CAM
must allow for providing the box key value to be used in
the decrypt.  Oh yeah, getting to the box key involves a
major hack to the registered box with probable risk of
destruction of the box if not done perfectly.  There's
more, but this was enough to send me looking for something
else to do(g)...

Unless you're a glutton for punishment or on an unlimited
budget these things have prevented anyone that I know of
from making this fly...

Sorry for the reality check, but I just couldn't watch you
swinging in the wind any more...(g)

    Bill