[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

Hello!

Am Donnerstag, 18. April 2002 14:18 schrieb Thomas Keil:
> > Just replay/watch the stream vdr is currently recording and edit it on
> > the fly. That's what I do when I watch "Friends".
>
> I'll try that! :)

:-)

> This would finally be a reason to really learn C++ *G*

:-)

> > You know I mean vdradmin:
> >   http://www.linvdr.org/download/vdradmin/vdradmin-0.14.tar.gz
>
> Now I do ;-)
> VDRAdmin was on my list of "things to try" anyways, so now I really
> ought to take a look at it!
>
> The drawback is that you do one set of tasks with several programs, and
> this is not practicable for  a REAL set-top-box.

The most common tasks can be done with vdr itself. If you wanna have some rare
features like regexp search over epg.data you can do it with an external
system like vdradmin. For example the requested "force deletion of recordings
marked as deleted" feature is already there - you can do it with an ssh
login. That's unix!

> > RTFM! From the "MANUAL" File of a vanilla vdr-1.0.0:
> >
> > "Pressing the '0' key in normal viewing mode toggles between the current
> > and the previous channel."
>
> Ah! Now I see it too ;-)
> At the very beginning there's a chart that explains what every key does
> in various modes, and this feature is not explained there....

This could be changed. Just give Klaus a kick.

Andi

P.S.: Please use "reply to all" to answer, because I don't wanna add the
mailinglist address all the time. If this mail is meant to be a private mail
to me, you can speak german anyway. :-)
--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de