[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

Hello!

Am Donnerstag, 18. April 2002 13:36 schrieb Thomas Keil:
> >>- If you're recording something a key would be cool to set markings on
> >>the fly for cutting the recording later. This way it would be easier
> >>(and faster) to find commercial brakes later.
> >
> > Do the time-shift thing.
>
> ?

Just replay/watch the stream vdr is currently recording and edit it on the
fly. That's what I do when I watch "Friends".

> Well, at least it displays the station's name.
> After a while I don't see anything at all with VDR :(

If you wanna know which channel you're listen to, press the "OK" button. I
don't like the idea to have a static picture a longer time at my expensive tv
set.

> I know, I'm actually already working on something like that.
> The other things would be possible like this, too - but it would be an
> external application....

Klaus is working on a plug-in system for vdr, which will be released very
soon... :-)))

> > Very nice idea! Have a look at linvdr: http://www.linvdr.org/
>
> I did.
> Where can I find that there?
> Or did I misunderstood something?

You know I mean vdradmin:
  http://www.linvdr.org/download/vdradmin/vdradmin-0.14.tar.gz

> > RTFM!!! Just press the "0" button. All right, I found this right in the
> > moment as I wanted to implement it by myself, reading the source. :-)
>
> Well, maybe I don't find it there although I read the manual several
> times - I have to admit that just that of the vanilla vdr.
> And this _doesn't_ have that feature, on "normal" mode the colour keys
> are not used, numerial are the channels, up/down is +/-1, left/right are
> groups.

RTFM! From the "MANUAL" File of a vanilla vdr-1.0.0:

"Pressing the '0' key in normal viewing mode toggles between the current and
the previous channel."

Andi

--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/