[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Andreas Roedl (AR) wrote:

AR> > - VDR is capable to tune to radio stations :-)
AR> > Radio doesn't have video broadcast (duh!), thus the screen stays black.
AR> > It would be cool if the logo of the station would be displayed :-)
AR>
AR> I don't wanna see the Fritz logo all the time on the screen. Do you see such a
AR> logo at your car/home stereo?

such a feature would be configurable of course.

AR> > - I'd like to have a second type of timer that just changes the channel
AR> > but doesn't actually record.
AR> > Like it tunes to my favorite radio station at 6am so that I can listen
AR> > to it while getting up (the only thing I'd have to do then is to turn on
AR> > my amplifier, on of the few things I'm alredy capable of in the morning
AR> > ;-)) Another possibility would be that VDR just displays a message and
AR> > changes on keypress...
AR>
AR> This is very easy to implement, because vdr has the so called SVDRProtocol and
AR> your feature request is such a thing. Create a crontab entry and give your
AR> VDR a kick. Search for "HelpPages" in svdrp.c.

sure, a cronjob which sends a CHAN command is a workround. But you need
access to the console (directly on the keyboard or via net) everytime you
want to change/add such a switching timer.

I think, what he's asking for is a way to do that directly in VDR.

Another example of such a feature: You're going to watch a movie, say at
21:30, but you may forget to switch to that channel, because youre
watching some really nice commertials on an other channel at the time. If
you had programmed such a "switching" timer, vdr would just switch to the
needed channel at 21:30 automatically.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de