[vdr] Re: DVD replay is unsmooth

On Friday 19 April 2002 19:28, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

[...]

> Well, if I understand the docs right, it should be better to
> disable dynrng compression for normal living rooms. Don't get
> confused by your reverse logic: if the setup option is disabled
> (set to no) you are calling a52_dynrng with NULL callback which
> in fact disables compression. Right?

well, i use the same logic as a52dec, which should be correct, right?

[...]

> One more thing: while DVD playback is much better with the new
> syncing method, some (may by all) VDR recordings starts to have
> these video jumps with new syncing (and running fine with old
> syncing). Seems that the syncing code still needs work ...

The new syncing affects only the way pts are generated and inserted into PCM
frames generated from AC3 frames. This can only affect DVD playback and vdr
recordings with AC3 tracks when AC3overDVB is used. Changing the later is
trivial and left as an excercise to the reader -- just kidding, i'll provide
a patch later.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index