[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 1.0.1

Hi Klaus,

On Sunday 21 April 2002 16:59, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> The new version 1.0.1 of the Video Disk Recorder project

> - Improved thread locking in the ring buffer to avoid possible race
> conditions under heavy load (thanks to Werner Fink).

Could you or Werner Fink explain what excatly those changes are supposed to
fix?
I was going over that code before and IMHO is there no race, with a slight
change could the code even work completly without locking. There exists only
a race between clear and get/put, but that is taken care of by cPlayBuffer.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index