[vdr] instant recording - timer?

Hey,

I'm new to VDR an recorded Star Treks episode 1 (Pro7) with the instant
recording feature but what a surprise to see that only 1hour 59 minutes
has been recorded.  I wonder why instant recording is timed.

You could say to me ...RTFM but it would be obvious to set no time limit
at all on instant recording as default ...for instance...let the harddisk size
be the limitation and if the user want's to limit the time, then to change a
setting. If a user starts instant recording then he (or she) can stop the
recording usual..no?

btw.. it would be handy to be able to enable the timed end of the recording
during the recording if the user expects not to stop recording manually.

So: my first recording was rather a cold shower heh.
btw. if anyone has a solution to get the full movie... You're always welcome.

Stefaan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index