[vdr] Re: crashes

Now I added a third card and it was unexpectedly easy:
- shutdown System
- insert card
- plug card to antenna
- restart system
that's it. wow!

But still I'm asking myself how to make my system stable, any idea to
the mentioned points? At the moment I use my vdr like an uncooked egg
and I had no crash since then, but I that's really not satisfying.
   If I have to add some information please ask. Or if I asked the it
wrong way or at the wrong place, please let me now.

Tobias Meyer-Janson wrote:

> Something often crashes my vdr system. Very often if I want to do a
> cutting during a simultaneusly recording, or if I want to play another
> recording during a cutting process. [...]
> But also if I do nothing and vdr idles or records something,[...]

> Also, if I play some recording I often see (and sometimes hear (!))
> digital artefacts if my system were to slow.

[...]

TMJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index