[vdr] Re: vdr - some general questions

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Tobias Meyer-Janson wrote:

> > Nobody any idea to this?
> > Now I realized that the 1s are not constant. So for configuring a
> > cutting I do not know how much ofset I have to add at last to enable
> > watching the cutted recording upto the end.
>
> I'm not sure whether the driver plays all the data sent if the data stream
> ends at some point. This might be the same problem as with the still pictures.
> Maybe we need to repeat the last frame several times until the buffers are
> flushed.

I complained about this skipping of last replay seconds already some time ago
to Klaus.
It's caused by the input tread canceling the output tread when the replayed
file is finished. But there are > 1MByte still in the ouput buffer which seems
to be rather discarded than send to the driver.
It was causing  >5..10sec with buffer sizes around 8MByte, so I currently use
seperate buffer sizes for the recording object (8MByte) then for the replay
object (256kByte).
This works ok but it's not yet cleaned up.

regards	Peter