[vdr] Re: Crashes, OSD Color

>[...OSD colors mixed up...]
>
>> Someone wrote it could be a problem of the Powermanagement.
>I'll try this hint... Disabling the complete PM should cure this then...

I use my VDR box for more as a year now, and have tried 3 different power
supplies. Sporadic problems with nearly invisible OSD appeared only with one
of them: a very cheap ATX supply. This one seems to be "out of spec",
because sometimes I was not able to switch on my box unless I completely
removed it from the power line, reconnected it and tried again.

All other hardware of the box (Mainboard, etc.) wasn't changed.

I use my box only for watching TV and recording / replay.

X is installed, but not started.

In my opinion, those problems with OSD were caused by a kind of "unstable"
voltage supply. Glitches, spikes, HF-noise, undervoltage - something like
that.

Greetings,
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index