[vdr] Re: PVR users are thieves

On Thu, 02 May 2002 13:55:39 +0200, Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de>
wrote:

> Still, let's be clear that this is a complex and important subject.
> Of course, I love vdr's capability to FF past the commercial breaks.
> OTOH, reality is that the commercial breaks pay for the broadcast.
> So, as soon as everyone uses vdr and noone watches the
> commercial breaks any more, the industry will either have
> to make PVR illegal or find other means to get paid for
> the broadcast.

The solution is PayTV.
We already pay for GEZ and PW, which don't need commercials for
financing. And we indirectly pay for the commercials through higher
product prices, if we avoid them or not.

Anyway, who needs the FreeTV broadcasters (which is actually no FreeTV)
in the future?

In a few years time you will be able to buy the content you like
directly through the internet.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index