[vdr] Re: Passive mode of VDR/EPG scan schedule for saving electricity

Daniel Schneider wrote:
> Maybe a scan of each channel two times a day (or even once?) is
> enough?

You can disable the EPG scan entirely in the setup menu.

Maybe a setup item that allows/disallows to turn the card
into standby mode would also be nice.

A suggestion for the EPG scan: I have seen the EPG
on a Sky Digibox. That thing appears to retrieve the
data on a demand-driven basis. In other words, it
explicitly retrieves just the data that you can
see on your current EPG OSD page. I think that is
a clever strategy. At least in addition to the
current (optional) continuous EPG scan it might be
a good idea.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index