[vdr] Re: Newbie Q: anything else than Suse?

Hi!

I'm also a newbie, but I'm common in using the Debian Woody (3.0)
distribution. They have an dvb-driver package. But I couldn't use it
after compiling it. With the original source everything went well. They
also have a vdr package, but it isn't up to date and there is no AIO
patch. So you can use the Debian (http://www.debian.org) distribution.
Debian is really free, you can download it from their page. Their
packaging system is the best you can get (-> no dependecies problems).
After installing it, you should download the actual driver and vdr
software and you are done.
Hope that will help you further!

Sascha

--
Sascha Kühl
Inform GmbH, Pascalstr. 23, 52076 Aachen, Germany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index