[vdr] Newbie Q: anything else than Suse?

Hello all,

I've been searching the mailing list archives, but found nothing about it (I'm
new to VDR and video with Linux, so...): most of you are using Suse 7.3 Linux
distribution (or lately 8.0) and all the howtos are written for this distrib.
As Suse is not so widely spreaded (outside Germany) and we cannot get an ISO
for it,
- Who installed VDR and other components on another distrib?
- Which one (name and release)?
- Any special "hints" to make it compile/run on this distrib?
- Which one would your recommend (again, except Suse)?

I was about to go for The Mandrake 8.2...

Cheers,
Olivier.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index