[vdr] Re: Newbie Q: anything else than Suse?

Hi!
vdr@olivierjacques.com wrote:

>- Who installed VDR and other components on another distrib?
>- Which one (name and release)?

I'm using the Mandrake 8.2(rc1) for vdr without any Problems. I also
tried Red Hat 7.1 and Suse 7.3. Both are ok. But I prefer the Mandrake
at all. For a second system I try to use LFS 3.3, but I haven't got the
DVB-C 'til now to test if it would work.
At all I think you can use any distribution you like.

>- Any special "hints" to make it compile/run on this distrib?

Look at INSTALL and README of the driver, vdr and the other tools.
Should be enough...

Gruß,
    Timon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index