[vdr] Re: What about an passive mode of VDR?

Why make it of so difficult.

One LNB, One good motorized H-H mount and  a good dish is all that You need.
Sure, it takes some more time to switch between sats but it has a few
advantages.

- higher precision (in case of H-H, less for polar mount)
- receiver has to deal with only one LNB
- H-H mount is easy to operate with stand alone power supply.
   Alternatif : polar mount.

So... avoid a heavy load of the F connector on the tuners.
Btw.  look in the manual for their maximum load.  It isn't that much for
most models.
I believe max 300mA for my old nokia mediamaster 9500.
Have no clue on the TT DVBs v1.3 card tho.

and... If you desperatly need more receivers/LNB's, disec switches.... then
accept the fact that
you have to pay for their extra power consumption and the extra heat.. on
the other hand...
if heat is big enough, then you save on that part a bit heh.

Stefaan

Channelmaster 1.2M offset dish, polar mount, wireless actuator control,
nokia mediamaster 9500
soon (maybe) replaced by linux box. (if linux box is as stable as the nokia)