[vdr] Re: (Slightly)OT: Power UP via IR?

ulope@gmx.de(Ulrich Petri)  06.05.02 21:41

Once upon a time Ulrich Petri shaped the electrons to say...

>I just wondered if there is any possibility to power up a vdr pc with
>the IR - Control...
>Because ist no real "couch potato" device if ist not power-up-able
>with a remote.

>I currently use a IRMan which (IMHO) complicates the whole thing.

>Has anyone of you done anything like?

We had this issue some weeks before (is the search engine broken
or is that "repetively asking the same" caused by the never changed
subjects in all threads? ;-))

One suggestion was to activate "Wake-on-ring" and to get
a pseudo "ring" signal from somewhere. Emil (Naepflein) has a voltage
of his IR-controlled TV, i suggested a cheap switched mains ("mainy"
of cause one can use a cheaper power wasting taiwan "trafo")
supply 12V/100mA or so switched by "standby power saving" device
witch disconnects the TV from mains to avoid any "stand by power"
consumption without having to manually switch off on teh device.
ELV has "teachable" IR-230V-Powerswitches, but you can't
switch the PC with that if you want timed recordings ;-)
So here you need the "wake-on-lan" trick too.

One guy wanted to make a uC-device with all that.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index