[vdr] Re: A way to say VDR start with time 2hrs later?

Tobias Meyer-Janson wrote:

> > >my vdr starts everytime with the wrong time.
> > >it's everytime exactly 2 hours behind the right time.
>
> > It sound like you said linux that your RTC ("BIOS-Clock" "CMOS-Clock")
> > is running on "GMT" but it has actually "local time"?
>
> But then it should be a problem only once until the time ist set
> correctly, I think.
>
> > That's no problem of vdr. Have a look in the general purpose
> > linux-groups.
>
> Wasn't there a bug in vdr-1.0.0? (I think I read something about it.)
> Before this version I had configured my system to GMT without any
> problem (including vdr). After updating to vdr-1.0.0 it interpreted my
> time falsely and then after a while changed it (by sattelite) assuming a
> local time setting, so the system and vdr wasn't compatible anymore.
> Since I set my system to local time zone I haven't had any more problems
> (concerning the time).

This was not a bug in VDR. I merely changed it so that it accepts the time
only from a particular (trusted) transponder.

Maybe you haven't set your CMOS clock correctly, so after a reboot you have the
wrong time, until VDR comes across the trusted transponder for the first time.

Klaus