[vdr] Re: A way to say VDR start with time 2hrs later?

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Tobias Meyer-Janson (TM) wrote:

TM> > Maybe you haven't set your CMOS clock correctly, so after a reboot you
TM> > have the wrong time, until VDR comes across the trusted transponder for
TM> > the first time.
TM>
TM> But though I configured vdr to set the time, after the next reboot the
TM> problem appeared again.

vdr doesn't set the hardware clock of your PC. it does set the system time
of your running system. use hwclock to set the hardware clock.

TM> However, now with local time I have no (time-) problems anymore. Are
TM> there any advantages using GMT time on a vdr-only system?

running GMT you can't have problems with daylight savings.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain