[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

On 10 May 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

>> No working:
>> -Playback (obviously)
>> -Modify/save setup options
>
> I'll try to come up with a modified cMenuSetupPage tomorrow,
> together with a detailed example.

No need to hurry for me, I'll be out of town for the weekend ;-)

>> You can get the archive from the download directory on my site:
>> <http://www.muempf.de/down/vdr-mp3-0.0.1.tgz>
>
> You may want to fill in the README file ;-)

Functionality comes first ;-)

>> Unarchive to the PLUGINS/SRC directory. Create a symlink to
>> "mp3" You must apply the small vdr_base.diff to the main vdr
>> code to compile the plugin.
>
> As stated in another message: wouldn't it be easier to give
> cPlayList a cConfig member? Or is there a reason for this multiple
> inheritance that I just don't see? I must admit that I didn't
> look too deep into your code.

I tried to explain this in another message.

>> BTW: the make package should build an archive with an directory
>> name without "vdr-" in front. This would follow the naming style in the
>> PLUGIN/SRC directory.
>
> The idea behind prepending it with "vdr-" was that it isn't (in your
> case) an MP3 player by itself, but rather an MP3 "plugin" for VDR.
> So I think the suggested naming convention does make sense.

>From this point of view: yes. But as the directory in PLUGINS/SRC
is named "pluginname" and the archive unarchives to
"vdr-pluginname-0.0.1", this doesn't looks good IMO.

If wasn't talking about the archive name, but about the directory
name inside the archive.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan