[vdr] Re: What happened to my old recordings?

Mario Dilleni wrote:

> At 23:16 10.05.2002, you wrote:
> >Mario Dilleni wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have just upgraded to VDR-1.0.2 and I can't see my previous recordings?
> > >
> > > Have I missed something?
> >
> >Perhaps you have compiled both versions with different VFAT setting?
>
> Yes I did, I have just verified it. Is there anything I can do? I have
> enable VFAT now to have access from my Windows PC and would like to stay
> with it.
>
> Would it be sufficient to move the directories to another disk and then
> back again? Or would it be possible to change the directory entries to make
> them visible (for VDR) again?

The problem with Windows is that it can't handle certain characters
in file/directory names. Check your recording directories (the ones named
"*.rec") to see whether they contain any ':' and rename them so that these
will be '.'.

> @Klaus
> Btw. I have never thanked you for this great project. I am using VDR for
> about 6 weeks now and already have begun to tell my friends they have to
> leave the windows platform, too!

Well, looks like resistance (to M$) isn't futile after all... ;-)

Klaus