[vdr] Re: other way of storage your recordings

Guido Fiala schrieb:

> On Saturday, 25. May 2002 21:33, you wrote:

> > digital ones. So I doubt this would work that easily. Anyhow DV-devices
> > might be great backup devices. Maybe you could store your recording to
> > DVC and transparently transfer the file to harddisk again.
>
> Well - i do that already using dvbackup but not "on the fly" as it uses to
> much CPU (together with FEC), but it is reasonable fast - about 9 min for a
> hour of (ads cut out) recording and media about as cheap as CD's, the "tape
> drive" however is much more expensive than a CD-RW, an big advantage is, that
> you can store your recordings apiece and do not have to trancode them to (low
> quality) divx or store it at a bunch of CD's...

Well a 60 minute miniDVc contains about 11 MBytes and costs about 7
Euro. So it's as expensive as a 680mbyte casette for 42 cents. Well
unless the prices of DV-recorders drop from currently 3500 Euro (?) to
something reasonable it is still to expensive. However I think it should
be an alternative we should follow. Maybe somekind of generic tape-drive
support, we we could at some time even support all kinds of backup
drives. Or maybe support for reading/writing all kinds of streams on
VDR.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index