[vdr] X-CARD (was Re: Re: DirectFB, OST, VDR-Console ?)

Another option could be to use the new xcard.
   http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/xcard.htm

This would do may of the things people are talking about.  Divx/mpeg4,
mpg1, mpg2 etc.  The problem would seem the question of linux drivers.
It would seem that closed source drivers may be available, but that
opensource drivers using standard APIs (V4L and DVB) will not be unless
someone works on it.  There was a discussion about this on the dvb email
list last week. (I can't find it in the archive yet)

This is next card from sigmadesigns who also make the dxr3.  There is
the beginnings of DVB API driver for the dxr3.  There is a driver with a
custom API available at dxr3.sf.net.  To use this card with vdr we
either need to get the DVB drivers working or write an output plugin for
the existing driver.

So (in an ideal world) with either of these two cards + one DVB card
(which could be a budget one) you would be able to record and playback
at the same time.  With a working xcard you could also playback divx.

On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 07:24, Stefan Schluenss wrote:
> On Saturday 25 May 2002 23:11, you wrote:
> > Martin Schoenbeck schrieb:
> > > I don't think so. Nowadays you have to use two cards, if you want to
> > > watch something with a delay. Or to watch something, while something
> > > else is recorded. If such a solution could be installed a easy as vdr
> > > can, I would do it immediately.
> >
> > And of course, it should be vdr with a new output module. ;-)
>
> Then let's do it...
> Let's find a way to gain all the benfits of VDR with the flexibility of the
> GraphicsCard with TVout.
> (I'm just dreaming of Picture In Picture, which could be "easily" done)
>
> Stefan.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index