[vdr] Re: VDR and VCR

Peer Oliver Schmidt schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I am using VDR to record TV, play DVD's and VCD's.
>
> Question is, is it possible to to utilize a regular TV-in card (like the WinTV from
> Hauppauge) to receive the audio and video off of a VCR and somehow pipe it thru the
> DVB-S card, so I no longer have to switch things on the beamer (for video) and the
> amplifier (for sound).
>
> Any and all information is greatly appreciated.
>
> rgds
> pos

Well MPlayer might do the trick, but it's rather slow for that. But
there is an even simpler solution, build your own switch.

Simply take a relay with at least 3 switches (3-um). Whenever you press
play on your VCR it sends out 12V+ (designed to drive a relay) on an
output and you can switch to the VCR.

An even simpler solution would be this. Just send the output of the DVB
card to the input of your VCR, then connect your projector to the output
of it. Turn your VCR to the channel AV and it'll show the picture of the
DVB card, press play and it'll get you the video of the tape. This
solution also enables you to record stuff from DVB to your VCR, or you
could make private copies of your DVDs. However this doesn't do RGB.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index