[vdr] Re: VDR and VCR

> Question is, is it possible to to utilize a regular TV-in card (like the
> WinTV from
> Hauppauge) to receive the audio and video off of a VCR and somehow pipe it
> thru the
> DVB-S card, so I no longer have to switch things on the beamer (for video)
> and the
> amplifier (for sound).

Sound is not a Problem i think but Video...

As the DVB-S card only accept a Mpeg2/Mpeg1 Stream you need to
encode a analoge Signal...

And a "usualy TV-CARD" is not able to do this - if you have a fast
Processor itīs possible on the fly - but this need realy much CPU power...

A other idea is a MPEG2 Encoder BOARD wich is able to encode it to mpeg2
in realtime directly on the board.... but you need one wich you can use with
linux.

Then it should possible to patch a VDR to take the output of this board and stream
it to the DVB-Device..

Home | Main Index | Thread Index