[vdr] Re: AW: Re: ARD/ZDF/SAT1 WM Channel Setting

Stefan Götz wrote:
> Unfortunately, they do not mention VPID and APID - can someone tell me,
> why these values are required for VDR but all settop boxes seem to be
> able to detect them automatically? Do settop boxes just check each one
> or could they actually be derived from some information in the digital
> data stream?
I think this works, but you only get a complete set of settings, so you
have to check the station name by hand.
This means, if you would scan all transponders you will get a list with
all available channels on the satellite. Even if you limit your search
to one transponder you will get 8-16 different channels...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index