[vdr] Re: file size problems with tosvcd 0.5

Hi,

> I'm trying to convert a VDR recording which is larger than 2 GB with
> tosvcd 0.5.  Everything runs fine for a couple of hours until the program
> aborts with a broken pipe:
>
> write of YUV output failed: Daten?bergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)
>
> Looking at the output directory, I see the temporary file mops.mpv which
> is exactly 2 GB in size. I'm using mjpegtools 1.6.0 compiled with
> largefile support. Do I have to explicitly compile tosvcd with largefile
> support, too? BTW, I'm using SuSE Linux 7.1.

You also need a filesystem that supports files > 2GB.
That, for example, is an new reiserfs or perhaps ext3. But i know that SuSE
7.1 doens´t support it by default. you need to recompile your
modules/kernel/reiserfstools

regards Martin

  Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.